Identifying patents likely to be successfully licensed and facilitating their transfer
- We secured the submission of 7 license applications in a 12-month period for a government agency.
- We helped generate 140+ licenses and other agreements in a 3-year period for a major research university.
—For one of these, our negotiations guidance led to a deal worth three times the original offer
- We facilitated the signing of 250+ collaborative agreements, licenses, software usage agreements, etc. for a government lab.
Finding partners for collaborative R&D
- We brought more than 70 qualified R&D partners to the negotiating table in a 2-year period.
- We provided strategic planning for a 1-day workshop that yielded scores of qualified requests for licenses, partnerships, and collaborative R&D.
Facilitating technology acquisition/in-licensing
- We helped a commercial client in-license a technology at an 80% lower royalty payment than the client had established as its opening offer.
Securing new R&D funding sources
- We identified and supported the development of R&D proposals that won a total of $11.7 million.
Identifying/Implementing improved processes
- By identifying non-productive patents, we helped a university client eliminate enough fees to cover the cost of our contract.
- We implemented an award application filing process that generated nearly $100,000 for the innovators.
Preparing effective communication tools
- Our Web site redesign for a federal lab tech transfer office increased traffic to the site with more and better inquiries and a pending deal.
- We have prepared winning applications for prestigious awards, including eight R&D 100 awards, a Service to America Medal, a World’s Best Technologies Award, an honorable mention for the Wall Street Journal Technology Awards, and numerous awards and honorable mentions from the Federal Laboratory Consortium for Technology Transfer.