Fuentek maximizes the value of our clients’ research and development by:
- Identifying technologies likely to be successfully commercialized
- Facilitating technology transfer through effective intellectual property management
- Finding partners for collaborative R&D
- Providing strategic guidance for efforts designed to boost economic development
- Assisting in negotiations for licenses, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and other agreements
- Securing new sources of R&D funding
- Preparing effective communications tools
- Providing strategic guidance and process improvements
- Training tech transfer staff, innovators, and managers
At Fuentek, everything we do is imbued with our core values:
- Creativity: We continually look for areas of overlap between our client’s and potential partners’ interests.
- Communication: We have the technical and business expertise to facilitate interactions between your organization and potential partners.
- Commitment: We are tenacious in seeking a win-win arrangement while not allowing costs to exceed potential benefits.
- Validation: We conduct thorough due diligence on all potential partners.
- Innovation: We pioneered the Symbiotic Innovation methodology.
- Value-Added: We continually look for opportunities for spin-in to inform and enhance spin-out and vice versa.
Fuentek has helped a variety of organizations achieve a wide range of tech transfer successes. Specifically, we have:
- Provided a university with licensing negotiations guidance that led to a deal worth three times the original offer
- Brought more than 70 qualified R&D partners to a government lab’s negotiating table in a 2-year period
- Helped a commercial company in-license a technology at an 80% lower royalty payment than the client had established as its opening offer
- Identified and supported the development of R&D proposals that won a total of $11.7 million
- Identified non-productive patents to help a university eliminate enough fees to cover the cost of our contract
- Provided a government lab with strategic guidance to develop R&D partnerships targeted to a specific regional industry, including a 1-day workshop that resulted in partnership, licensing, and collaboration requests from 70+ qualified companies and organizations
- Designed a Web site for a federal lab tech transfer office, increasing traffic to the site with more and better inquiries
- Implemented an award application filing process for a government lab, generating nearly $100,000 for the innovators
- Prepared winning applications for prestigious awards, including multiple R&D 100 awards, a Service to America Medal, a World’s Best Technologies Award, an honorable mention for the Wall Street Journal Technology Awards, and numerous awards and honorable mentions from the Federal Laboratory Consortium for Technology Transfer