Get Ready for AUTM’s New Global Tech Portal
AUTM’s Global Technology Portal is an exciting new tool that showcases academic technologies available for licensing. It will help facilitate license agreements, collaborative research agreements, and partnership or investment arrangements for university startups.
Serving as a one-stop shop for industry and entrepreneurs to search for and find university technologies that meet their needs, the Global Technology Portal also includes information about universities’ capabilities and technology needs to facilitate sponsored research agreements and other collaborative R&D and partnerships.
The portal will allow AUTM members to:
- Market their technologies to industry at no cost
- Have technologies automatically pulled from their own technology database
- Advertise technologies according to keyword search
- Leverage tools to interact with others in the technology transfer community
- Search for other universities with similar research goals to establish collaborative research partnerships
- Post success stories and information about startups
To give you a quick preview, I’ve recorded a 10-minute demo (see below) that will give you a very high-level, first-glance overview of the Global Technology Portal’s functionality. But the best way to learn about the portal is to sign up for the February 7th free webinar, How to Market Your Technologies with the AUTM GTP from noon to 1:00 p.m. EST. In this webinar, I will walk through the detailed steps of loading technologies and leveraging the portal to market them. The free webinar is open to AUTM members and non-members alike!
AUTM serves a global network of more than 3,500 tech transfer professionals working in academic, research, government, and the private sector and facilitates networking and collaboration among them. The new Global Technology Portal aims to increase our ability to achieve this goal. It’s never been a better time to join. Visit the AUTM Member Benefits page to learn more and join!
And I hope to “see” you at next Tuesday’s webinar.