Award Win, New Products for Kolon’s Colorless Polyimide: A Case Study in Targeting the Right Market
Presented during Display Week, the 2018 Display Industry Awards (DIAs) recognize innovative display products, components, and applications that hold the most promise for shaping the future of the global industry. “We commend [Kolon’s] ongoing commitment to innovation and to helping shape the future of display performance and solutions,” said Display Industry Awards Committee Chairman Wei Chen.
Kolon’s Award-Winning Colorless Polyimide Technology
- Colorless: Unlike other polyimide materials, which are all yellow, Kolon CPI is highly transparent with great clarity.
- Flexible: Kolon CPI films can be folded or rolled, conforming to a new generation of innovative devices.
- Unique surface: The surface is both exceptionally smooth and durable, making it an ideal film substrate.
- Organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs)
- Liquid crystal displays (LCDs)
- Organic photovoltaics (OPVs)
- Flexible printed circuit boards (FPCBs)
- Electrostatic dissipative coatings (e.g., for fighter jets)
- Electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding
- Solar sails
- Space antennas
- Fresnel lenses
- Key market players to contact
- Trends in core attributes for the material
- The best industry events to engage with decision makers
- How to structure the offer as a combination of sales and licensing
CPI is a trademark of Kolon Industries, Inc.