Prioritizing Your IP Portfolio: A Tech Transfer Webinar Presented by AUTM
- Do your technology managers have overwhelming caseloads?
- Are patent costs outpacing growth in licensing revenues?
- Are departments underreporting new inventions, given the research dollars they’re bringing in?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes—or even “I don’t know”—then this is the webinar for you!
Offered by AUTM, the Prioritizing Your IP Portfolio webinar provides attendees with a where-to-start strategy for optimizing and prioritizing their IP portfolios. You can register for the live June 6, 2018, webinar here or you can order the recording here.
The panelists, who received rave reviews when they presented a session on this topic at the AUTM Eastern Region Meeting, are:
- Fuentek founder and president Laura A. Schoppe
- Georgia Tech Research Corp. marketing associate René Meadors
- Washington University at St. Louis managing director Dr. Nichole Mercier
As Fuentek has blogged extensively, IP portfolio optimization and prioritization provides major benefits to a TTO. Not only does it minimize patent costs, strategic IP portfolio management enables increased staff productivity and positions the TTO to achieve greater success. Consider this case study.
Drawing on the real-world experiences, the three panelists will share their successful strategies. Examples will illustrate how these strategies:
- Helped TTO staff focus on high-potential innovations
- Achieved substantial cost savings by eliminating unproductive patents
- Revealed the portfolio’s strengths, weaknesses, and overall strategic value
They will also provide advice on how to plan for strategically examining every technology in the IP portfolio.
This webinar is ideal for TTOs with a backlogged/legacy portfolio of unprocessed disclosures as well as for those where ongoing operations need a boost in efficiency and/or effectiveness. Read more on when to optimize the IP portfolio here.
You don’t have to be a member of AUTM to attend the webinar, but you do get a discounted fee. So, if you’re not already a member of this major tech transfer organization, consider joining AUTM today.
Learn more here about Fuentek’s IP management services, including IP portfolio prioritization, and then contact us to discuss how we can help your TTO manage your IP effectively, efficiently, and strategically.