Take Our Tech Transfer Gender Data Survey
Many sessions at last year’s AUTM annual meeting included issues of innovator gender disparity, with a focus on how this lack of equitable representation impacts innovation. Technology transfer professionals will continue this national conversation at AUTM’s 2022 Annual Meeting later this month in New Orleans, as numerous sessions explore ways to further equity, diversity, and inclusivity (EDI) within the community.
Fuentek is helping lead one of these sessions, and I’m looking forward to exploring the practicalities of incorporating EDI data into TTO metrics with Forough Ghahramani of Edge and Anne Hall of University of Minnesota.
In our session Measuring What Matters: Incorporating Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity Data into TTO Metrics, we’ll examine data trends and cover the challenges of acquiring EDI data and securing the buy-in of university administrators. We’ll also offer suggestions for getting started at your institution.
Take our Tech Transfer Gender Data Survey to contribute to the important dialogue involving gender diversity. We’ll share results at #AUTM2022 and via AUTM e-Groups. Your answers also will inform AUTM’s Women Inventors Special Interest Group (WISIG) as we continue to tackle challenges associated with improving diverse participation in the innovation process.
To help you plan your agenda, here are other sessions at the AUTM 2022 meeting that feature an EDI focus:
- In Their Own Words: How TTOs Can Best Engage with Women Inventors—Monday, Feb. 21, 10:45am (Royal)
- Driving Diversity and Inclusion in Innovation—Monday, Feb. 21, 1:45pm (Fulton)
- The Intersection of Social Impact Innovation, MSIs, and a Diverse TTO—Monday, Feb. 21, 1:45pm (Camp)
- Measuring What Matters: Incorporating Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity Data into TTO Metrics—Monday, Feb. 21, 4:00pm (Royal)
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Continental Breakfast—Tuesday, Feb. 22, 7:00am (Churchill)
- Global Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Tech Transfer—Tuesday, Feb. 22, 8:30am, (Royal)
- Accessibility Technologies: Part of Your Social Innovation Strategy—Wednesday, Feb. 23, 9:00am, (Commerce)
See you in New Orleans!