What I’m Thankful For
1. Fuentek’s staff. I am continually inspired by and impressed with the range of experience and talent we have on our staff. And I am so proud of the service they provide to our clients. I am thankful for each and every one of them.
2. Being bilingual. Speaking Spanish opens so many doors with a broader range of businesses. Most recently, it has enabled me to conduct webinars for tech transfer professionals in Spain. How wonderful to be able to share our best practices in IP management and open innovation to organizations in other countries!
3. Cloud computing. It’s a space-saving, time-saving, efficiency-boosting wonder without which Fuentek could not operate in our virtual model! I am thankful that the folks at Compaq Computer came up with it.
4. WebEx’s recording software. This technology allows us to save our internal trainings and live webinars for later viewing. (Speaking of which, videos are available of our popular tech transfer webinars on using social media tools, how to perform technology screening/triage, and planning for strategic tech marketing.) The recording software has also been a lifesaver as I work with the Singapore-based developer of the AUTM Global Technology Portal (to be launched soon). The software allows me to record my feedback via WebEx (rather than typing up all my notes) and the developers can watch it during their business hours. Brilliant!
5. Skype. It’s such a convenient technology to use as part of our webinars in Spain, and we’re also starting to use it for interactions with several organizations in the Middle East. Webcams are a great way for us to cost-effectively go global. (Now they just need to come with lighting and makeup!)
6. Being healthy and having a high metabolism. I am thankful that, even though I’ve stopped running, I haven’t outgrown my clothes!
What are you thankful for this season – in business and otherwise?