NASA’s FOSS technology represents a major breakthrough in operational monitoring and sensing, offers unparalleled capabilities through a unique combination of high-powered processing and lightweight, flexible, and robust sensors.
- Structural health and Integrity
- Tank gauging
- Active control
- Safety and protection
- Non-destructive evaluation
- Medical uses
Kolon Industries, Inc. has developed a new colorless polyimide (CP) material that will revolutionize flexible electronics, e-paper, and more.
- Consumer and industrial electronics
- Electrostatic dissipative coatings
- Electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding
- Solar sails
- Space antennas
- Fresnel lenses
Engineers at NASA’s Armstrong Flight Research Center have developed a Real-Time Sonic Boom Display for aircraft that enables pilots to control boom placement.
- Commercial supersonic vehicles
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Aerospace R&D
- General aviation (Part 23 small personal aircraft)
- Military aircraft (F-16 Fleet)
- Digital autopilots